The Affordable Care Act AKA Obamacare is still alive today notwithstanding the arrogant and relenting attacks form the Republicans control Congress minus the Honorable John McCain, and the vicious bombastic attacks from president Trump because of the eighteen reasons below.
Interesting point; even if you are not a millionaire, the ACA/Obamacare will help you and your family also.
18 Reasons Why The Affordable Care Act Has Survived:
1) Small Business Tax Credits –
2) No Discrimination Against Children with Pre-Existing Conditions –
3) Help for Uninsured American with Pre-Existing Conditions until Exchange is Available (Interim High-Risk Pool) –
4) Ends Rescissions-Bans insurance companies from dropping people from coverage when they get sick. Effective 6 months after enactment. –
5) Begins to Close the Medicare Part D Donut Hole –
6) Free Preventive Care under Medicare –
7) Extends Coverage for Young People up to 26th Birthday through Parents’ Insurance –
8) Help for Early Retirees
9) Bans Lifetime Limits on Coverage –
10) Bans Restrictive Annual Limits on Coverage –
11) Free Preventive Care under New Private Plans –
12) New, Independent Appeals Process –
13) Ensures Value for Premium Payments
14) Community Health Centers –
15) Increases the Number of Primary Care Practitioners –
16) Prohibits Discrimination Based on Salary –
17) Health Insurance Consumer Information –
18) Holds Insurance Companies Accountable for Unreasonable Rate Hikes.