First of all, I am would like to congratulate DNC Head Rep. Wasserman-Schultz for her decision to be on the right side of history by agreeing to back the Iran Obama Administration’s Iran Nuclear Deal. However, I am extremely disturbed by Rep Wasserman-Schultz’s statement that “there was nothing more important to her than Israel”.
Additionally, I am also troubled to know that Wasserman-Schultz “usually votes however Israel wants”. This is a message to all of our Congressional officials; it is your duty to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America first and foremost. Wasserman-Schultz, as well as the other 99 Senators and all 435 Representatives in the House of Representatives made a pledge to “solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God”.
We the people will hold all Congressional leaders accountable to their obligations to the American people and our government. As far as the Iran Nuclear Deal is concerned, no wealthy individuals, the Israel Lobby, nor private corporate interest supersede those of this nation’s interest period. Therefore, to U.S. Rep. Wasserman-Schultz, I respect your acknowledgment as “a Jewish mother” and that of Jewish heritage; however, the most important aspect of your job is to VOTE to ensure the health and safety of the American people at all times.
Moving forward, any elected official fail to support the Iranian Nuclear Deal, although it has been endorsed by a broad-based number of Scientist, Intellectuals, and Security experts such as those listed below, are clearly not voting in the best interest of the United States of America.
1) More than 70 of the world’s leading nuclear nonproliferation specialists issued a joint statement outlining why the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) “is a strong, long-term, and verifiable agreement that will be a net-plus for international nuclear nonproliferation efforts.”
.2) 29 U.S. Scientists Praise Iran Nuclear Deal in Letter to Obama
3) Three dozen retired generals and admirals Tuesday released an open letter supporting the Iran nuclear deal and urging Congress to do the same.
4) UN Security Council Approves Iran Nuclear Deal
5) Top Senate Democrat with Access to all Intelligence Data backs Iran Nuclear Deal.
6) The European Union approved the Iran nuclear deal with world powers.
7) Former Israeli Security Heads Support Iran Deal
.8) 51 Christian leaders representing dozens of denominations and Christian organizations sent a letter to Congress, urging lawmakers to vote in favor of the Vienna agreement to limit Iran’s nuclear program
9) In a recent U.S. poll, Voters within every gender, race, and age group are in support of it, reflecting the broad based mandate for the deal.
As I stated in one of my earlier Post; Americans must trust Science over Absurdity. As we the September vote nears, Congressional Republican will be considered un-Americans if they let their ill-placed hate or dislike of President Obama take predominance over their LOVE for our country!
Breaking News: “Democrats on Tuesday gave President Barack Obama the votes he needs to prevent the Senate from passing a measure disapproving of the Iran nuclear deal”.